Sunday, January 24, 2010

P.S. - Boys overanalyze, too.

P.S. I was at a football party today where this guy started asking me (the only girl in attendance) questions about his Love Life. He was asking what he should text this girl who he really likes, if it's necessary to text her every day if she's not going to be here for two weeks ("will she forget me?"), and if he should keep seeing this other girl who went to dinner today with her ex boyfriend. The funny thing is, he seemed like a really normal guy - not overly sensitive or like the stereotypical idea of a wuss you'd think would be asking these questions. Just, you know, the guy who girls typically date.

It was very interesting because one of his questions was about whether or not he should read this girl's Black Berry Messages if he hasn't anything to respond, because she'd know that he'd read them and had nothing to say, and what would she think about that? This struck me as the standard question that a girl would ask, but I never knew that boys cared so much. It was a pretty big revelation for me. We literally talked about his girl issues for a half an hour Q&A session as other guys were also listening intently. He even asked for my email address so that he could ask me follow up questions, and before you jump to conclusions, I'm pretty sure that it wasn't just because he wanted to date me because that would be super odd at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment